We’ve put together this post with everything you need to know about sales acceleration with tips for choosing the right software for you and how you can use this type of tool to improve your qualification calls, speed up onboarding, and boost communication with your sales team. Here’s what you can expect to find:
- What is sales acceleration software?
- How do sales acceleration platforms work?
- What are the different types of sales acceleration software available?
- How to choose the best sales acceleration software for you?
- What are the features of a sales acceleration assistant?
- How can you use sales acceleration tools to improve qualification calls?
- How Sales Acceleration Software can improve my sales documentation process?
- How can I use Sales Acceleration Software for training & onboarding.
- How can Sales Acceleration boost team cohesion and communication?
- Sales Accelerations Assistants vs. Classic CRMs
What is sales acceleration software?
Sales acceleration software is designed to help sales professionals sell faster and more intelligently. Acceleration tools increase the speed at which sales reps achieve their sales goals by helping them during their customer interactions, analyzing these interactions and identifying the most effective practices as well as recommending next steps.
How do sales acceleration platforms work?
By making sure sales reps have the right information during calls and by providing insights for next steps sales acceleration tools shorten the sales cycles. Added to this sales acceleration software improved productivity in sales reps by automating everyday administrative tasks like CRM updates, this means reps have more time to actually sell to customers.
What are the different types of sales acceleration software?
There are a number of different types of sales acceleration software available to sales teams, the features of which vary depending on the technology category.
- Conversation Intelligence: The core of Conversation Intelligence software is that it works during sales calls, transcribing, recording, analyzing, and guiding customer interactions. Conversation intelligence platforms identify keywords of topics to gain greater insight into what is happening during a call. This lets reps understand what has been discussed with a prospect, questions asked, or topics/ sales stages still open.
One unique type of Conversation Intelligence tool is the Sales Acceleration Assistant which works in-call to guide sales reps through each stage of a deal, provide deal summaries, and actionable next steps in order to move closer to a closed deal in a shorter time frame. Find out more about sales acceleration assistants.
- Sales Enablement: The main function of sales enablement tools is to make sure that marketing initiatives and sales missions are aligned. These types of tools act as a library for sales and marketing content that sales reps can use to ensure quality & accurate call content. Sales enablement tools also track prospect engagement for specific content and sales pitches to help improve messaging and sales outcomes.
- Sales Engagement: Sales engagement software streamlines the sales process through integrations with sales communication channels and tools, management of sales messaging and materials, and the automation of tasks, messages, and workflows. This software enables companies to combine their sales and marketing efforts to create personalized and automated sales journeys, often referred to as sequences. If this sounds like the right type of sales acceleration tool for you, you should consider.
How to choose the best sales acceleration platform?
Deciding on the right sales acceleration tool for your team is no easy task, especially given that there are many options and types on the market. In order to make sure you select the right category of sales acceleration software AND the right product here are 8 simple steps.
- Ask yourself: Why do I need sales acceleration software?
- Get an overview of the different categories and tools on the market
- Evaluate the tools
- Test the tool
- Get executive buy-in
- Purchase the sales acceleration tool
- Get the team on board
- Implement the sales acceleration tool
To get more information on how to choose the right sales acceleration platform as well as a run down of the best tools on the market read this in depth guide to choosing your sales acceleration software.
Sales Acceleration Assistants - The future of sales acceleration software
One exciting type of acceleration software emerging as a must have-tool for your tech stack is the Sales Acceleration Assistant which is a new category type within the Conversation Intelligence product category. Sales Acceleration Assistants not only analyze individual sales calls but provide unique insights into the whole deal. Additionally as Sales Acceleration Assistant works during the call, they work with voice technology to track sales conversation in real-time and directly derive real-time actionable recommendations during the call.
What are the key features of a sales acceleration assistant?
Some of the key features of any good sales acceleration assistant include:
- Live recording and transcription with searchable transcripts.
- Real-time battle cards
- Deal and conversation templates with key talking points, questions, and activities
- Automated conversation summary
- Call sharing
- Deal overviews that display how many stages and call of a deal are complete
- CRM sync
How can you use a Sales Acceleration Assistant for qualification calls?
Qualification calls are an important part of any sales cycle and can help you to identify prospects worth pursuing and save time on leads that are not. Sales Acceleration Assistants can help make qualification calls as useful and efficient as possible by providing the right talking points and real-time battle cards for customer objections.
You can base your qualification calls on proven frameworks like the CHAMP or BANT framework and let your acceleration assistant guide you through each of the key sections of said framework to make sure you don’t miss any important points or any key info.
What’s more given the call transcripts, recordings, and summaries, reps can easy look back at what happened during a call and identify the most relevant information for making next steps. Or when handing over a qualified lead, SDRs can easily pass on and share key information for AEs to move forward with a seamless buyer journey and better customer experience which will be essential as we move into the future of sales. Read our guide to building a buyer's journey into the future of your enterprise sales.
For an in-depth guide on How to Have the Perfect Qualification Call download our free guide which covers the following.
- Why is a qualification call important to your sales process?
- What are the goals of a qualification call?
- How to use the CHAMP framework to structure the perfect qualification call.
- Best practices for engaging with prospects during qualification calls.
How can Sales Acceleration Assistants improve my sales documentation process?
Nobody likes dealing with mind numbing admin. In sales, the biggest waste of selling time is the time sales reps spend inputting data into their CRM fields, and not getting much useful information in return. Sales acceleration assistants for example works during your call to record, transcribe, and summarize all customer conversations. All the information can be shared with other sales team members or automatically synced to your CRM.
Added to this any notes you take during your call will also be saved and sync. So you get all the information and insights you need without the added post-call work and CRM trawling.
How can Sales Acceleration Software improve training & onboarding.
Sales Acceleration software is frequently used for training and onboarding purposes. Software such as Highspot, Showpad, and Guru are all examples of Sales Enablement tools that accelerate onboarding. They work as content platforms and new hires benefit from accurate up-to-date sales and marketing messaging they can rely on during calls to ensure consistency even at the start of their sales journey.
Other tools like Ciara, also work to speed up onboarding for new hires by providing real-time interactive call guidance and battle cards that provide the new hires with constant reassurance and support during their calls.
But Sales Acceleration Assistants also work to reinforce sales training and messaging for all sales reps no matter how experienced they might be. Reps benefit from deal templates and playbooks that can improve their sales success with the ability to use transcripts and summaries to pin-point best practices and silly mistakes each rep is in charge of their sales growth. Share your best sellers’ call templates or summaries with the rest of the team to encourage development and information exchange and make everyone a top closer.
Get more tips for onboarding remote hires here.
How can Sales Acceleration Assistants boost team cohesion and communication?
Better information exchange means better team cohesion and communication which in turn results in a more seamless journey for the buyer. Sales Acceleration Assistants that provide the ability to transcribe and summarize calls as well as share this information plus deal progress with the team will boost communication in your team.
Learning what happened in your teammates’ call might help you prepare more effectively for a call with a similar client, for SDRs handing over leads to AEs the ability to share transcripts and summaries means every piece of important info is passed along and lets AEs understand 1. Just how hard SDRs work. 2. What has and hasn’t been touched on with a particular client.
Call templates and guidance provided by tools like Sales Acceleration Assistants also mean that sales and marketing messaging remain consistent throughout a sales team.
Sales Accelerations Assistants vs. Classic CRMs
While CRMs focus on organizing sales information that sales reps input into their CRM, sales acceleration assistants actively generate useful sales information and insights automatically in real-time during your sales activities.
The key difference between CRMs and Sales Acceleration Assistant is voice technology and real-time action.
CRMs are useful for evaluating data sets and collecting insights from website visits, event participations, and email communications. Focusing on touchpoints from the beginning of a leads journey.
Sales Acceleration Assistants on the other hand guide the seller as soon as a lead is sales-ready, and as soon as a sales rep is ready to start interacting one to one over phone and video meetings.
Sales Acceleration Assistants collect all data and call information automatically during customer calls, providing an always up-to-date overview of customer insights during the deal process. Real-time call guidance, documentation, and always up-to-date deal overviews are also key features of Sales Acceleration assistants which allow users to make informed decisions quickly and accurately and decide next steps without having to trawl a CRM.
CRM and Sales Acceleration can also work well together as part of a wider tech stack. With a Sales Acceleration Assistant like Ciara, you can sync the call summaries generated in real-time automatically to your CRM.
Download our free guide to the ROI of Sales Acceleration Assistants.